MCHD Pay scale
MCHD EMS field schedules
MCHD offers different shift options, based on availability.
Debit Day Rotation – 24 hrs. ON/24 hrs. OFF/24 hrs. ON/5 consecutive days off
* Debit Day requires one additional assigned 24 hour shift a month, referred to as the “debit day”. This worked shift is paid.
Peak Rotation – (12 hour shifts, day or night) 2 shifts ON/2 shifts OFF/3 shifts ON/2 shifts OFF/ 2 shifts ON/3 shifts OFF
*Peak ambulances have staggered start and ending times, but all worked shifts are 12 hours.
For a visual example of these schedules, click here.
MCHD EMS Employee Benefits
- MCHD offers a comprehensive benefits package. In addition to competitive annual compensation, additional pay is available for employees with Spanish fluency, Bachelor’s Degrees, RN, or LP.
- On-duty uniforms are provided.
- 4 weeks of accrued PTO a year for the first five years.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness reimbursement
- Insurance coverage starts on the first day of hire, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage.
- Pet insurance is available.
- MCHD demonstrates its commitment to employees’ longevity by participating in the Texas Counties and
Districts Retirement System (TCDRS) with a 200% employer contribution match (mandatory employee 7% contribution).
MCHD EMS Provider Opportunities
- MCHD offers all required card courses in-house, and regular CE opportunities including Neonatal
Resuscitation Program, Pre-Hospital Traumatic Life Support, and Advanced Medical Life Support. Hours attended in these training opportunities are compensated.
- Our clinical equipment includes Zoll X-Series monitors, ImageTrend ePCR, O-Two e700 ventilators, Alaris IV Pumps, Butterfly Ultrasound, King Vision Laryngoscopes, LUCAS mechanical CPR, and Stryker Power-load stretchers.
- MCHD conducts annual Low-Frequency/High-Risk skills training on surgical skills, intubation, and other critical procedures.
- Field providers have the opportunity to practice event medicine via ambulance, ATV, or bike at Ironman Texas, the Montgomery County Fair and Rodeo, football games, and many other special events.
- Field staff are also encouraged to shape the future of MCHD by participating in research and having a voice as a member of a committee.
- International Police Mountain Bike Association course and AHA courses.
- The MCHD Tactical EMS Team provides medical support for law enforcement operations.
- Our Community Paramedics and Health Care Assistance Program provide care for the underserved.
- The Rapid Deployment Team is ready to deploy for natural disasters and regional emergencies.
*All benefits, compensation, schedules, dates, and offerings are subject to change.